/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

How to stay positive

Friday, April 29, 2016

I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down...

I won't lie, staying positive is difficult, especially if you're going through things, all I can say is that it will pass and the cheesy things like it will make you a stronger person (it really does). Obviously though, our brains don't think of this straightaway, and we get caught up in the negatives of each situation. I wouldn't say I'm a sunshine and rainbows kind of girl, my cynicism and worrying can lead to negativity but majority of the time I am pretty positive.

I haven't always stayed positive, but in recent years I realised positive thinking is the better way for me to get through things. I found that things always had a strange way of solving themselves and that everything ended up being fine. Some things that I found to help in positive thinking:

Write down/ think about what you're grateful for:
It could be simple things, a bed, supportive family and friends, somewhere to relax in, being healthy, a shelter. Little things add up to a lot. After a long and exhausting day at work, I've never been more grateful for somewhere to sleep and go back to.

Take a break from it:
Enjoy a day of doing something fun or something that relaxes you, whatever makes you happy, it keeps your spirits up and hell, you definitely deserve a break. Sometimes you just need a little time away from the situation at hand.

Don't Sweat the Small stuff:
I've always known about this, but I've never really practiced it. in the words of Richard Carlson himself, one of my favourite things he said from his books was-

'One of the mistakes many of us make is that we feel sorry for ourselves, or for others thinking that life should be fair, or that someday it will be. It's not and it won't. When we make this mistake we tend to spend a lot of time wallowing and/or complaining about what's wrong with life. 'It's not fair,' we complain, not realising that, perhaps, it was never intended to be.' 

Let's get those positive vibes flowing.

- Sophia x

No comments :

Post a Comment