/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

EAT.it Italy Eatery @ Causeway Bay

Saturday, July 11, 2015
My friend took Apple and I to this place, it is a rustic, authentic Italian restaurant with a twist located in the remote corner of Causeway Bay. Decorated with the cutest light bulb signs and fairy lights in the outside glasshouse. The restaurant runs on an individual person's 'swipe card', after you're seated each person gets a swipe card and goes to each of the counters to choose their selected item and you have a huge range to choose from.

I was a little overwhelmed with the choices, I feel like at a buffet your eyes are bigger than your stomach but each food item gets swiped so be sensible ;) I've visited this place twice now and both the week after each other. So the first time, Apple and I chose to share a fresh pasta between us- the pasta is made fresh and there are a few selection of sauce bases, from classic tomato, fresh pesto, and creamy carbonara. We opted for the carbonara and loved it, the ratio of cream and pasta was the right balance. I usually avoid carbonaras because I think they are too creamy and sickening but I really enjoyed this one. The second time I went, I shared a pesto pasta with delicious basil and crunchy pine nuts on top.

Aside from the pastas, there's delicious fresh individual slices of pizza to chose from too if you want to avoid the pasta. In addition, there's a healthy fresh salad buffet to choose from, you can either chose from three or five depending on how hungry you are- we decided on the aubergine, coleslaw and cous cous.

If that wasn't enough food, I decided to try the Italian hot chocolate, and I definitely did not regret it, the chocolate was luxurious, bordering between a mix of dark and milk chocolate - afterwards I felt like it was such a good bed time night cap for the non alcoholics ;)

Topping it all off (if I wasn't in a food coma already!) I ended the meal with a lemon meringue pie, a combination of tangy and sweet with the fluffy meringue to blend it in together.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place 100% to anyone, I can't wait to go back and the calamari starter is next on my list to try!

10 of out 10 Blushes

Eat.it Italian Eatery Shop 1, G/F, 9 Kingston Street, Causeway Bay

No comments :

Post a Comment