/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

Balayage Hair: Before & After

Sunday, June 7, 2015
So we've been thinking of doing something new to our hair lately. It was either go crazy (meaning, electric blue & seductive purple) or the other end of the scale was to go subtle. Hair is such a big thing, so we only made up our mind when we were actually at the Salon. Our technicians had to urge us to make a decision or they would decide our life for us.

In the end we went for Balayage - a French word meaning to sweep or paint. The effect is a sun-kissed look with softer, less noticeable regrowth lines. The idea is that less is more when creating soft, natural looks.
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/545771/so-what-exactly-is-balayage-why-do-we-love-it.html#OzIGtBfiLzefZYW8.99

Oh by the way, we decided to splurge a little and went to Toni & Guy. Not gonna reveal how much it cost in case our friends and family come across this post and hate us for our extravagant behaviour.

A little bit of background, I've had my hair highlighted before, so I've already got some colour in my hair. Whereas Sophia has only ever tried henna, which didn't really show on her dark hair.

Sophia Balayage : Before & After 

Apple Balayage : Before & After 




Our hairstylists had to bleach our hair too to remove the henna. We know bleach is a huge nono for the hair, but so far we have yet to see/feel the damage.



So what do you think? For me, I feel the difference isn't very obvious, as it seems like I've just replaced my existing highlights with a different colour. The balayage did achieve its natural sun-kissed effect however.

I wonder if you can see it, but there's also a bit of purple streak in my hair, the hairstylist's idea - given that I couldn't decide between brown or purple. The blowout is good, and makes both Sophia and I think we should spend more time on our hair before leaving home in the morning, instead of shamelessly going to work in our bed-hair. Sophia's hair makes her look like a sexy tigeress, whilst her fringe balances out nicely by giving her that, I'm tough but I don't bite look.

My final verdict: price-wise, I don't think it's worth doing a blowout at premium hair salons like Toni & Guy (It was HKD 200-300) because I'm sure any local salon can do just as decent a job. Balayage-wise, I'm hoping that the colours will show more in the coming weeks. The quality of the dye is good though, so far my hair is soft and does not reek.
If I could do this again, I would definitely ask for more purple streaks ;)

Have you ever had balayage done? Or have you had an amazing hair makeover?
Do share with us by commenting below, we're always on the lookout for a good hairstyle :)


No comments :

Post a Comment