/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

Life Lately- Anxiety

Thursday, February 12, 2015
source

Firstly, here's one medical definition of Anxiety (bare in mind that there are many types and levels)
'Anxiety is a general term for several disorders that cause nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worrying. These disorders affect how we feel and behave, and they can manifest real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is vague and unsettling, while severe anxiety can be extremely debilitating, having a serious impact on daily life'

I've always been an extreme worrier and anxious person, I always brushed this aside thinking it was nothing or just a personality trait, until a few years ago.

During my second year of University, I kept on getting panic attacks nonetheless terrifying when you're by yourself trying to calm yourself down. But still, even back then, I didn't realise that other people suffered with it too, and it is becoming more well known now, which is good. It's never good to suffer in silence.

How to describe living with anxiety? This post describes the emotions that I can feel in one day-It really is a rollercoaster of emotions.

Nowadays, my anxiety is still with me, it always will be, I get anxious about the smallest things that probably wouldn't bother anybody else, but that's okay. I've even had a panic attack between the MTR lines before too. Hong Kong has a frenzy of people and it does get a bit too much for me sometimes.

But the most important thing I've realised from this is that some days when life just gets too stressful or exhausting, take a day away from it, whether it's spending the day with your loved ones, going out or staying in- do something for yourself. 

For me? I love staying in, blogging, watching television- this is my happy little corner. Life lately has gotten pretty hectic for me, I crave the days where I get to go home and just be in my comfort zone but at the same time I do enjoy the busy lifestyle. Find a way that makes you happy when life just gets a bit too much.
If I get a panic attack or anxiety attack when I'm outside or in a social environment, I find a quiet corner amidst the loudness to calm myself down, if I can go outside- that's even better as I've found fresh air to calm me down quicker.

Aside from this rambly post, I wanted to alliterate, be a bit selfish, make time for yourself, take a day off from it all because at the end of the day, you have to take care of your own happiness and health. That's the most important.

https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/

No comments :

Post a Comment