/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

My favourite face cleanser so far - Lush Angels on Bare Skin

Sunday, October 19, 2014
What beauty product can you not do without? Is it the mighty eyeliner? Or is it your favourite lipstick that you won't leave home without? Or the life-saving night cream that leaves your skin lovely and hydrated for the next day?

For me, I'm a strong believer that when it comes to the face - the most important feature is good skin. That's why eventhough I am quite a careful spender, I'm more generous when it comes to spending on skin care products and food.

source: Lushusa.com


Recently I've become more and more conscious of using products that are more natural and are kinder to the world, i.e. don't do mean tests on animals. Body Shop fits this, but it seems their products aren't suitable for me. Kiehl's is pretty good too, but is a bit on the pricier end. I've recently started trying out Lush' products and I'd like to share my find with you.

Lush stores do have a somewhat overwhelming smell when you walk pass them, which is what drove me away several times in the past. But once i went inside and my nose got accustomed to the smell, it was actually quite nice...

I've heard both good and bad stuff about the Lush Angels on Bare Skin face cleanser. The good being it's great at cleansing whilst at the same time leaving the skin feeling smooth and not dry. The bad being it's quite a pain in the butt to use.





I wanted to find a cleanser that can leave my face soft and balanced for the dry winter weather, and also something that isn't harsh and chemical-filled, so I gave the Angels on Bare Skin a go. I have to admit it's not the best cleanser to use when you're in a rush to get ready for work in the morning; You have to nip some of the clay from the box, plop it onto your palm, add some water to make a paste, groan in frustration as most of the mixture runs off your palm and disappears into the sink, repeat the process again... Sounds like a pain right? But don't turn away yet!! Because the hassle is worth it. I don't think I've ever used a face cleanser that left my face feeling as soft and supple as these Angels. They feel good when you rub it on your skin too, the grainy texture of ground almonds works well as an exfoliator, but at the same time doesn't dry up and leave blemishes on your skin. The smell is quite calming too. My face felt clean, heavenly soft and even slightly hydrated. My skin is now ready to face the cruel winter :) Price-wise, 100g of Angels on Bare Skin cost HKD110, which is not expensive in Hong Kong standard.

My score for the Angels on Bare Skin: 8.5/10

I'd also recommend the yummy smelling Blueberry based face mask: Catastrophe Cosmetic.



All healthy eaters would know that blueberries are awesome because they are packed with antioxidants. Designed to soothe and calm, putting the blueberry mask on your face means preventing disasters like break-outs and undesired blemishes (hence the name). Overall I thought this mask was gentle and had a relaxing effect on my skin, it was also easy to apply and dried quickly (less than 10 minutes). However, I don't think this was perfect - it could have been a bit more hydrating.

My score for the Catastrophe Cosmetic: 7/10

Regular skin care is crucial to having healthy and beautiful skin. Drinking lots of water throughout the day is also the best way to maintain that moisture and glow. Keep it up, girls ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment